We have been asked about this enough times to want to share the untold story behind the stories in Hinduism Today. Basically, the magazine is a global public service to the family of Hindu
faiths, produced by a small monastic community based in Hawaii, which does it for the same reason other orders run ashrams, free eye-clinics or orphanages--as a selfless service to the world.
Click here for a list of mission objectives.
But wait, that's just the beginning of understanding this until-now mysterious, international publication and doesn't explain why a select committee seeking the Hindu view on the ethics of human cloning for a report to US President Bill Clinton called our editorial offices in late March of 1997 or why this March the Ford Foundation sponsored two of our editors to join the 50 most prominent religion editors in the US at a meeting in Atlanta, Georgia. So, click here for an in-depth article about Hinduism Today, our major outreach service written by a leading Indian journalist.
The Monastic Editorial Team
- Founder: Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami (1927-2001)
- Publisher: Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami
- Editor-in-Chief: Paramacharya Palaniswami
- Publisher's Aide: Paramacharya Ceyonswami
- Deputy Editor: Acharya Kumarswami
- Managing Editor: Sannyasin Arumugaswami
- Production Manager: Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
- Assistant Editor: Sannyasin Senthilnathaswami
- Assistant Editor: Sadhaka Satyanatha
- Advertising: Sadhaka Jothinatha
; & nbsp;   ;Continue to Correspondents.